Ricardo Alcolado Pérez is a qualified lawyer in three jurisdictions: Cuba, Spain, and Ontario, Canada, with over 20 years of experience.
Ricardo is the founder and principal of Alcolado Law, a full-service boutique law firm based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He specializes in international trade, foreign investment, international commercial arbitration, corporate, and real estate law. He regularly represents national and international clients doing business in Canada, Spain, and Cuba.
Ricardo holds the Qualified Arbitrator designation from the ADR Institute of Canada. He has also received training as arbitrator from the Arbitration Court of the Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Madrid) and is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He offers his services as arbitrator and/or mediator, in a variety of dispute resolution matters, nationally and internationally. His deep knowledge, understanding, and experience in the common law and the civil code legal systems, combined with his bilingual capabilities (English and Spanish), place Ricardo in an unique position to serve as arbitrator or legal counsel in an arbitration involving a Spanish speaking party and/or parties from different legal systems.
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of Havana (1999)
- Mercantile Law Diploma by the Cuban Institute of Foreign Trade (2001)
- Expert on Spanish Law, University of Alcala de Henares, Madrid (2007)
- L.M. (Master of Laws) from Osgoode Hall Law School at York University, Toronto (2010)
- Training for arbitrators provided by the Arbitration Court of the Madrid Bar Association (2020)
- TCAS Gold Standard Course in Commercial Arbitration (2021)
- Law Society of Ontario
- ADR Institute of Canada (Q.Arb)
- Bar Association of Madrid (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society
- Canadian Hispanic Bar Association
Fluent in English and Spanish